For most of us, the sugar struggle at Halloween is real. That’s why taking the break between Halloween and Thanksgiving to burn off Halloween sugar will do your body a world of favors.
But how to do it? There’s a lot of info out there about fat burning, so we’ll narrow it down into a few feasible tips, ones any Franklin, TN chiropractor would recommend. Let’s look at some fast ways to burn fat in Franklin, TN.
At the Gym
There are a lot of things you can do in the gym or at home to burn excess fat quickly. A lot of it’s about tailoring your workout to work for you. Let’s look some of the ways this Health.com article reveals as keys for quick fat burning:
- Run often. Studies show that those who run at least 4 hours week burn more fat when they’re not running than those who don’t run.
- Go hard the first half of the workout. You can burn 23% more fat by working harder the first half of your workout and slowing down the second half.
- Lift weights slowly. Not only does using dumbbells work more muscles than using machines, but you’ll burn a lot more fat (and build more strength) by lifting them very slowly.
- Alternate your speed. If you do short bursts of intensity alternating with slower speeds, this will burn fat quickly.
- Don’t stop. After achieving the amount of belly fat loss you wanted, the best way to keep it off is to do as little as 80 minutes of aerobic exercise a week—less than an hour and a half over 7 days!
If you already have a regular workout that your Franklin, TN chiropractor approves of, incorporate these tips in order to make that Halloween fat go away before you add the Thanksgiving weight to it.
But it’s not all about the gym. There are things you can do with your Franklin, TN lifestyle to get the fat to leave. Take a gander at these Women’s Health ideas to trigger your metabolism to burn excess fat:
- Don’t diet. If you restrict yourself from food intake, you actually trigger the body to go into starvation mode and hold onto fat. Instead, eat protein-rich foods that replace empty calories so that you feel full throughout the day.
- Sleep! A study of twins in Finland found that the twin who slept less and was under more stress had more visceral fat. Sleeping actually helps your metabolism.
- Drink cold water. Drinking 48 ounces (6 glasses) of cold water a day can raise your metabolism to burn 50 calories a day, all without lifting more than your hand to raise the glass. That comes out to 5 pounds a year with no special effort!
- Eat more hot peppers. You can spike your metabolism by 23% right after eating red or green chile peppers, like jalapeñ They are easy to chop up and freeze to throw in salsas and dishes. Dried red pepper flakes added to dinner are just the ticket.
So if you don’t have a regular Franklin, TN workout yet, we’re not saying you necessarily have to start one in November. Maybe just tweak your lifestyle a little in these last few days before baked goods start coming out of the woodwork. Check out more metabolism boosters in this Dr. Oz slideshow.
What do you like to do to burn off fat?
Whether you’re hitting a Franklin, TN gym with a fat-burning mindset or scooping chopped chiles into your salsa tonight (followed by a tall glass of ice water, of course), we could all use a little extra boost to our metabolisms this fall. And hey—use these tips after each holiday this year. It will keep you feeling better through every season.
Do you have any fat-burning tips for us? Leave a comment below with your keys to fitness success, and we’ll respond right away!