Dr. Gil Center for Back, Neck, and Chronic Pain Relief
Back pain has become a serious issue in the United States. 9 out of every 10 adult citizens in the US deal with it, it’s the main cause of disability for individuals under forty-five, it’s almost a $50 billion dollar business, it’s the second most common reason for surgery, the main injury reported in worker compensation issues, and it’s not getting any better.
- Close to 7 million people at any one time are laid up in bed, disabled, back of back pain
- Approximately 93 million days of work are missed due to back pain
- Only 1/5 of operations of back operated continue to be effective after 2 years
- Around $50 billion dollars are spent a year due to lower back pain
- Currently, everyone is at high risk for back pain in their lifetime (85% of americans will deal with it at some point)
- Back pain disables over 5 million people in the US a year
- There are close to half a million spinal surgeries a year in the states
Back pain is a serious issue. If you’re suffering from back pain in Franklin, give us a call today at (615) 794-0800 or you can read more about our back pain services.